So I, with Richa, my wife and partner of 22 years togged up this list. The question arose – what are sexy songs? Is it music to have sex to? Music that wants to make you want sex? Music that encourages flirting, attraction, love?
That started a verbal excavation of meanings, which in turn kept dredging up more words. Before putting the kids to bed we lighted upon “longing” as the base common value. These are five songs that for us are suffused with that feeling.
1. Autumn Leaves — this tune is just complete longing from start to end.
2. Any song by Fleetwood Mac — because the whole world is 15 when it listens to them for the first time. (So Agents Of Ishq choose this song!)
3. Tum Jo Mil Gaye Ho — this song is intensely, intimately about being with someone, but in a lonely, dark, single malt and worn leather way
4. Teer-E-Nazar Dekhenge — Here’s a song that challenges longing and parting. It’s got that grim, determined, slow, steady going-for-the-end-of-the world pace. And Lata Mangeshkar's voice, in her best phase: low, aromatic, before the period when music composers recruited her to shatter glass.
5. Royals by Lorde — Speaking from a middle aged, paunchy, balding space, this voice and smouldering hunger would be that (delicious) forbidden fruit. Except, you should never eat it because then it becomes gooey and sentimental. Keep your distance, long from afar.
Tune in to the playlist of all of 's Sexy Saturday Songs here.